Tour itinerary: Almaty - Kolsai Lakes - Almaty
Season: April - October
Days: 3Nights: 2
Kolsai Lakes includes 3 alpine lakes situated at the altitudes of 1700 – 2650m. The 3 lakes are exceptionally clear and lie in an idyllic location, surrounded by massive cliffs and mountains with snowy caps and wooded slopes.
Pick up any suitable day and join our group!
|17-19 April ||24-26 July |
|08-10 May ||07-09 August |
|22-24 May ||21-23 August |
|05-07 June ||04-06 September |
|19-21 June ||18-20 September |
|10-12 July ||02-04 October |
Almaty - Kolsai Lakes
07:00 Start driving by car / minivan (5 hrs)
Arrival at Kaindy lake that is also called Birch lake. The lake is very unusual and was formed by the powerful earthquake that triggered the landslide blocked the alley by the natural dam, and the water has flooded the valley.
Lunch. Transfer to Saty settlement, accommodation in the guest house. Dinner. Overnight in guest house.
Start trekking (from Kolsai-1 to Kolsai-2).
We'll take the path right of Kolsai 1 for a 9km hike to the middle lake at 2250m (it's the most beautiful one). Then we'll take the path left of Kolsai 2 for another strenuous 6km to reach the top lake at 2650m.
Trekking routes to Kolsay Lakes are very easy and fit even for amateurs.
Return to the guest house. Free time.
Kolsai Lakes - Almaty
09:00 Start driving to Almaty.
En-route visit Charyn Canyon (also known as "Valley of castles"). Short excursion there.
The Canyon itself represents a monument of nature formed with sedimentary rocks aged more then 12 million years. The landscapes are virtually miraculous there. Charyn Canyon is getting scarlet, pink and orange colors at sunset when the sun is disappearing behind the horizon.
Continue driving to Almaty.
19:00 Arrival in Almaty.
The end of the tour.
|City ||Hotel |
|Kolsai Lakes ||guesthouse |
| ||Price per 1 person |
|Group price ||390 USD |
|Private group of 2 person ||605 USD |
|Single supplement ||70 USD |
- Transportation according to the program in comfortable minivan
- Accommodation in the guest house in Saty settlement
- Sightseeing according to the program with English speaking guide
- All environmental fees during the tour
- Meals: lunch and dinner in Day 1;
breakfast, lunch and dinner in Day 2;
breakfast and lunch in Day 3
- Accommodation in Almaty, if required
- Meals not indicated in the program and/or not included into the tour price
- Visa support and registration on the territory of Kazakhstan, if required
- Personal expenses and other expenses not indicated in the program