Tour itinerary: Almaty - Kolsai Lakes - Almaty
Season: April - October
Days: 3Nights: 2
Kolsai Lakes includes 3 alpine lakes situated at the altitudes of 1700 – 2650m. The 3 lakes are exceptionally clear and lie in an idyllic location, surrounded by massive cliffs and mountains with snowy caps and wooded slopes.
Pick up any suitable day and join our group!
|17-19 April ||24-26 July |
|08-10 May ||07-09 August |
|22-24 May ||21-23 August |
|05-07 June ||04-06 September |
|19-21 June ||18-20 September |
|10-12 July ||02-04 October |
Almaty - Kolsai Lakes
07:00 Start driving by car / minivan (5 hrs)
Arrival at Kaindy lake that is also called Birch lake. The lake is very unusual and was formed by the powerful earthquake that triggered the landslide blocked the alley by the natural dam, and the water has flooded the valley.
Lunch. Transfer to Saty settlement, accommodation in the guest house. Dinner. Overnight in guest house.
Start hiking from Lake Kolsai-1 to Lake Kolsai-2.
We will start with the lower lake, from which the scenic road leads to the middle lake (~ 9 kilometers), located at an altitude of 2250 meters. It is considered the most beautiful of all three lakes. After a short rest, we will continue the transition to the upper lake (~ 6 kilometers), located at an altitude of 2650 meters.
The hike is very easy and even beginners can easily cope with it.
Lunch - picnic.
Return to the guest house. Free time.
Kolsai Lakes - Almaty
09:00 Departure to Almaty.
On the way visit Charyn canyon. Excursion to the "Valley of Castles", as the canyon is often called because of the bizarre sedimentary towers that nature itself has formed.
19:00 arrival in Almaty.
End of the tour.
|City ||Hotel |
|Kolsai Lakes ||guesthouse |
| ||Price per 1 person |
|Group price ||390 USD |
|Private group of 2 person ||605 USD |
|Single supplement ||70 USD |
- Transportation according to the program in comfortable minivan
- Accommodation in the guest house in Saty settlement
- Sightseeing according to the program with English speaking guide
- All environmental fees during the tour
- Meals: lunch and dinner in Day 1;
breakfast, lunch and dinner in Day 2;
breakfast and lunch in Day 3
- Accommodation in Almaty, if required
- Meals not indicated in the program and/or not included into the tour price
- Visa support and registration on the territory of Kazakhstan, if required
- Personal expenses and other expenses not indicated in the program